- What are the advantages of choosing friends similar to you vs different from you?
- Family and friends, which one do you think is the most important influence on youngsters?
- Do you think the media focus too much on personal lives of famous people?
- Do you think teenagers should have jobs while they are still students?
- Do you think that learning about the past has no value for the present?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, student nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Technology has greatly improved the way we get information. Students can now get more information, get it more quickly, and get it more conveniently.
The Internet and the World Wide Web has opened every major library and database to students around the world. Information comes not only in print form, but also in multimedia. You can get audio and video data. You can get information about event in the past as well as events that unfold as you watch your computer monitor.
Information comes at the speed of the Internet, which is to say in nanoseconds. You can type in a few key words in your search engine, and the engine will search the entire www to find information on your topic. You don’t have to spend hours pouring over card catalogs in the library and looking at the shelves. This research is done for you instantly on the Web.
It is certainly more convenient to sit at home and do research on your computer. Your computer is open 24 hours a day, unlike a library or office, which has limited hours and limited resources. You can do research in your pajamas while you eat breakfast. What could be more convenient?
Technology, especially the Internet, has certainly changed the quantity and quality of the information we get. The speed and convenience of a computer helps students learn more, more quickly.