- Toefl writing: One important skill to be successful in today’s world
- Toefl writing: Do you think success comes from taking risks or from careful planning?
- Do you think face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication?
- Toefl writing: How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?
- Do you prefer eating at restaurants or preparing food at home?
Some people like to do only what they already do well. Other people prefer to try new things and take risks. Which do you prefer?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
I am not a risk taker. I like to do just those that I am proficient at. I have learned that it is better to focus my attention, do one thing and do it well, and not try anything new.
When I was younger, I was always experimenting with a lot of different things. First I wanted to be a dress designer so I studied drawing. I couldn’t’t draw so I decided to be a historian. That suited me perfectly since all I had to do was sit in a library and read. I learned to focus my attention on one subject.
I am a very good reader and history is very interesting to me. I decided not to read any other subject. I only read history books. I even focused my attention on Chinese history. I only read history books on Chinese history. I do one thing and I do it well.
I don’t like to try anything new. If I read things in another area, I don’t do well. I don’t understand American history or English history. The names are confusing and the stories not interesting to me. I don’t want to learn about anything else. Chinese history is my subject.
I may seem a bit stubborn, but I have learned what makes me happy. I don’t like to take a risk with new things. I like to focus my attention on one subject, do it well, and not try anything new.