- Spend time with one or two close friends vs with a large number of friends
- Do you think that higher education should be available only to good students?
- Toefl writing: What transport do you choose to travel away from your home?
- Toefl writing: Living in dormitories vs Living in apartments
- Toefl writing: Contributions of artists and scientists to the society
Some people think that children should begin their formal education at a very early age and should spend most of their time on school studies. Others believe that young children should spend most of their time playing. Compare these two views. Which view do you agree with? Why?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Should children play more or study more? The question is what will be better for the child. There are benefits to both activities, but the answer depends on the details of the situation.
There are many things that could affect the outcome of the argument. What kind of a school is it? It could be a school where children sit at their desks all day long memorizing dates and facts. Or it could be a school where the teacher helps the children learn what they want to learn. I think the second kind is a lot better for a child than the first kind.
Similarly, what kind of play are we talking about? The child could be alone all day long watching television, which could make him or her bored and lonely. Or the child could be involved in group activities with neighborhood children of the same age, which could help him or her learn how to get along with others.
I think both study and play are valuable, so I would prefer to send my child to a school where there is a combination. I think a variety of activities makes learning easier for anyone at any age.