- Do you think that learning about the past has no value for the present?
- Do you think that television has destroyed communication among friends and family?
- Do you think that change in food has improved the way people live?
- Do you support a plan to build a new movies theater in your neighborhood?
- What do you think people like and dislike about living in your town or city?
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Who would disagree with the statement “ progress is good”? Without progress , there would be no change. Without progress, there would be no change in our economy, our standard of living, or our health.
Progress is required to keep the economy moving forward. New products need to be developed; new services need to be created. Without progress, our economy would stand still. There would be no change. Without progress, there would be no supermarkets with fress produce brought in from all over the world.
Progress is required to improve our standard of living. Our homes today are more efficient and use less natural resources thanks to improvement in home construction techniques. Our clothes are warmer and safer thanks to developments in textile manufacturing. Our educational system is better thanks to the use of the computers and the Internet.
Progress is required to improve the heath of the world population. Without progress, there would be no vaccines against deadly diseases like smallpox. Without progress, there would be increased infant mortality. Thanks to progress, our lives are longer and healthier.
Progress is a natural state. Without it, we would not evolve. Without it, our economy, our standard of living, and our health would deteriorate. Who could deny the necessity of progress.