- Looking forward to new experiences or staying the same, which one do you prefer?
- Will you recommend a business or a farming research center for your country?
- Do you think children should spend their time playing or studying?
- Spend time with one or two close friends vs with a large number of friends
- Do you think that higher education should be available only to good students?
Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Here’s the problem. I’m sloppy. That’s why I like to use machines to do my work rather than do things by hand. Machines can be creative, precise, and efficient.
Most people think that you can only be creative if you do things by hand. However, it takes creativity to set the machine up. Once it’s set up, it can repeat the same task over and over and over perfectly. If you want to write ten letters, you can set up your word processor to do it, press a button, and ten letters will be printed. It would take me forever by hand, and I would make a lot of mistakes. By hand, each letter would be different. By machine, each one is perfect.
Machines are very precise. They don’t get tired and cut the wrong way. They don’t get distracted and drop some mustard on the paper. As I said, I’m sloppy, but like neatness. That’s why I prefer to use machines.
Machines are also more efficient. I’m too tired to pick up the phone and see who is calling me. My answering machine isn’t tired. It’s always on duty. It doesn’t get tired, upset, or moody.
I can depend on my machines, but I can’t always depend on my hand to be creative, precise, or efficient.